I am tired of short term plant labels! I don’t want to have to start from scratch every year. We’ll see how long these painted and sealed wood slats hold up – hopefully for a season or two!
Either way, it was a fun way to spend the afternoon. It’s always a plus to have a well labeled garden because it makes explaining things much easier!
- Any small size wood stakes or pieces
- White paint – 1 quart
- Black or colored paint for writing names – 1 cup or so
- Waterproof spray (1 can) Clear – Thompson’s WaterSeal Multi-Surface Waterproofer
Total Cost: $7
Process (so easy)
- Paint white & Let dry
- Paint on letters & Let dry
- Spray with waterproof spray front & back 2 coats
How’d they hold up?
Well, it’s December and I only recently removed most of the plant tags. They held up great! I could even still wipe them off and see the sparkling white paint layer. I’ll update you in spring when I go to hammer them in the ground again.